ROHS COMPLIANCE SCREENING USING MOBILE XRF (X-RAY FLUORESCENCE)
Worldwide Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) regulations continue to impact the manufacturers of electrical and electronic goods and their supply chains. BGA TEST & TECHNOLOGY is capable of identifying five commonly found substances.
- Quantify total lead (Pb), cadmium (Cd), mercury (Hg), chromium (Cr) and bromine (Br)
- Provide pass/fail designations for each sample, with visual identification of the out of spec elements; use default thresholds or easily customize each element
- Ability to customize the display, include the RoHS elements, all measured elements, or only those selected
- 50 KV miniaturized x-ray tube for superior detection limits.
- Ability to measure alloys, to plastics and polymers, to mixed materials
Elemental Analysis using XRF – A Unique Set of Fingerprints
Each of the elements present in a sample produces a unique set of characteristic x-rays that is a “fingerprint” for that specific element. XRF analyzers determine the chemistry of a sample by measuring the spectrum of the characteristic x-ray emitted by the different elements in the sample when it is illuminated by x-rays. These x-rays are emitted either from a miniaturized x-ray tube, or from a small, sealed capsule of radioactive material.